Friday, September 10, 2010

School.

Dear Fellow Readers:

I have now finished my second week of school.  Lately, I've noticed that a common conversation killer is:

Them:  "Hey who do you have for homeroom this year?"
Me:  *cough* "Oh, I'm homeschooled."
Them:  *5-second pause* *lame attempt of knowing-smile*  "Ohhh." *drawn out...with a rise in the middle of the word* 
(Did you just try to verbalize that "ohhh"?  Come on. You know you did.)

Actual responses from others, after the "Ohhh"
  • "Does your mom force you to do that?"
  • "I'm sorry to hear that."  (my favorite)
  • "That's cool...i guess."
  • "Who checks up on you?  Like are you ALLOWED to do that?"
So to prove to the world that we DO engage in educational activities, here is a picture of my  work for the week.

[GAG]

Current School Work

So, as I leave for my last Bible study until next summer (that's another story) I say farewell.

The Unsocial Homeschooler
Current Read: Hunger, by Michael Grant

1 comment:

  1. We're going to miss you terribly at Youth Group/Bible Study!

    Also, that work load looks a bit exciting. I must admit, I am a wee bit jealous (I am not being sarcastic, I miss school - call me if you need to discuss Shakespeare).

    ReplyDelete

All comments must be approved before they will appear.